FREE MOVING ESTIMATE
Trusted Long Distance / Out-of-state moves in Chicago
Moving away from Chicago? Moving a long distance can exacerbate an already stressful experience. On paper, a long-distance move, even out of state, looks similar to moving across town: packing, loading, transit, unloading, unpacking. Yet it feels much bigger. The anxiety of something being broken or lost becomes far more intense. That is why you need a trusted partner. Moovers Chicago has moved thousands of people all around the Chicago area. We bring that same expertise, professionalism, personal touch, and hard-earned trust to moving you anywhere in the country. Trust our experienced movers with you long-distance move.
Whether you are moving a studio apartment or a block of offices, we will treat you fairly. Our fee structure applies to all types of moves; there are no hidden fees or clauses. Some big cross-country movers don’t value the smaller moves as profitable, and may even charge more. No matter the size of your move, Moovers Chicago will help alleviate your stress by giving you the same professional care and assistance at a fair price. Ask us for a free quote.
Preparing a Long-Distance Move
Like any move, long-distance moves require planning and detailed logistics. Here are few tips that are particularly helpful:
- Declutter, Donate & Recycle: You don’t want to pay to move things you don’t need or love. Get rid of unwanted furniture. Room by room, clean out drawers and closets. This will take time, but it’s worth it.
- Pets: Planning for your pets will also complicate things. The best way to move your pets is usually to move them with you, in your vehicle. If that’s not possible, keep in mind that airlines may not accommodate all types of pets. Professional pet couriers are always an option, but add another layer of logistics and cost. Make sure that when you travel with your pet that you bring enough food and medication for not only the ride but also for settling in your new place.
- Mail & Utilities: Make sure you’ve submitted your change-of-address form to USPS. Planning for utilities may be a little more complicated, especially if your new location has different providers. You need to give them enough time to activate the utilities. You don’t want to try to move into your new place without electricity.
- Important Documents: As a safeguard, keep your important documents with you during your move. This includes birth certificates, passports, driver’s licenses, and even vaccination records of your children (and pets). Anything that will be difficult to replace in case of loss or damage.
- Essentials: Remember, you may be living out of a suitcase for a while. Make sure you have what your need, not just for the travel, but also for the time at your new place until your possessions show up. Have medications, important documents, toiletries, and clothes set aside, so you don’t accidentally pack them.
Relieve some of the stress. Call in the long-distance professionals at Moovers Chicago to do the heavy lifting safely and efficiently. You can also take advantage of our Packing and Storage services to further reduce the burden.
Cross-country to any state, Moovers Chicago is here to help.
What Our Customers Are Saying About Us
My Moovers team was incredible! Enrique, Juan, and Victor did a great job. They didn’t let the bitter cold or blustery snow slow them down. I still don’t know how they carry so many boxes at once. They were super efficient, friendly, and pleasant to work with. I haaaaate moving, but I hope I get this crew next time! Thanks again. 🙂
This was my first time using Moovers Chicago. They were ahead of schedule, so they called to see if they could arrive early. Enrique, Abner, Nick and Mariuin were extremely efficient and professional. They managed to finish my move in 3 hours, when the estimate was for 4-6. Would definitely use this company again!
The Moovers team made my recent move to Chicago an easy process. Felipe, who led a team including Miguel and Jose, made a fantastic trio. They made sure everything got down, over, and up into my new place quickly and in perfect condition. While moves can be stressful, they made the day easier to manage, and everyone behind the scenes made sure I understood the costs and timing. Thanks, Moovers!
Hired for a 3 bedroom apartment move and Marcos and his crew were amazing!! They completed our move very quickly - in half the estimated time. We came in waaay under the estimated cost! Would 100% use them for every and any move going forward. After a terrible experience with Two Men and a Truck around this same move I was very pleasantly surprised at how different this company was!
Book them and never look back!
These dudes are awesome! I cannot remember the names of all the movers, but Ceasar and his team were great! We gave them cupcakes after such an amazing job they did. Unfortunately there was an error on my end with giving them my number, but despite that they absolutely crushed our move! They were fantastic and I could not give them enough praise! They even performed under our estimated quote. My fiance and I could not be happier. They earned their tip fair and square. No damage to anything and all of our stuff was treated with care.
We moved from Chicago to the suburbs today with this company. I am truly amazed by the professionalism level of their two guys - Abner and Caesar. They arrived on time and were very polite in their behavior. They climbed 3 level of stairs without even resting for a bit. They were very careful and diligent in moving our stuff without a single scratch or damage. I would like to recommend this business to everyone looking for movers service in Chicago area.